Terms of Service
Effective date: June 12th, 2018
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO OUR SERVICES (DEFINED BELOW) ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS; IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER.
Will these Terms ever change?
We are constantly trying to improve our Services, so these Terms may need to change along with the Services. We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time, but if we do, we will bring it to your attention by placing a notice on the cerebra.tech website, by sending you an email, and/or by some other means.
If you don’t agree with the new Terms, you are free to reject them; unfortunately, that means you will no longer be able to use the Services. If you use the Services in any way after a change to the Terms is effective, that means you agree to all of the changes. Except for changes by us as described here, no other amendment or modification of these Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by both you and us.
What about my privacy?
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under 13; if you are a child under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1.1 Provision of Service We shall make the Service available to You pursuant to this Agreement and the relevant Order Form during the subscription term indicated on the Order Form (the “Term”). You agree that Your purchases hereunder are neither contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features nor dependent on any oral or written public comments made by Us regarding future functionality or features
- 1.2 Upgrades Any upgrades to the specific version of the Service for which You have purchased a subscription that We generally make available to all subscribers will be added without additional charge. These upgrades do not include new features offered on other versions of the Service; for example, if you have purchased a subscription for the Pro version, you will not receive upgrades released only for the Enterprise version. In some scenarios, Cerebra may offer advanced features to its customers to test its products.
- 1.3 Setup Cerebra will provide only those setup services indicated on the Order Form, subject to timely payment of the setup fee (if any) and Your provision of all reasonable cooperation, information and materials, including provision of any logos or branding assets needed for any template design
2. ACCESS; RESTRICTIONS ON USE
- 2.2 General Restrictions and Limitations Section 2.1 sets forth the entirety of Customer’s right to access and use the Service. Customer has no right to (a) enable any third party to access and use the Service; (b) modify or create any derivative work based upon the Service or Cerebra Technology (as defined below); (c) engage in, permit or suffer to continue any unauthorized copying, reselling or distribution of the Service or Cerebra Technology; (d) grant any sublicense or other rights to the Service or Cerebra Technology; (e) reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile all or any portion of, or attempt to discover or recreate the source code for, any Cerebra Technology; or (f) remove, obscure or alter any intellectual property rights notice related to the Cerebra Technology. Customer may not use any automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage Customer’s Service account, other than any such means which are intentionally made available by Cerebra. Customer will ensure that all access to and use of the Service by Customer, or otherwise through Customer’s facilities, equipment, identifiers or passwords, will be in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and will be made and used solely for proper and legal purposes, and will be conducted in a manner that does not violate any law, rule or regulation, or the rights of any third party.
You may not access or use the Service if You are Our direct competitor, except with Our prior written consent. In addition, You may not access the Service for purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes.
Additionally, You may not access or use the Service to: (1) promote or provide instructions or information about how to engage in illegal conduct, commit illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury; (2) spread, incite, promote or justify racial hatred, xenophobia, antisemitism or other forms of hatred based on intolerance, including but not limited to: intolerance expressed by aggressive nationalism and ethnocentrism, discrimination and hostility against minorities, migrants and people of immigrant origin or any other form deemed contrary to fundamental human rights and freedoms; or (3) involve any illegal activities or activities that are contrary to morality or public order.
If the Order Form specifies that Customer is receiving a free trial of the Service, then notwithstanding anything else to the contrary, Customer’s right to access and use the Platform is limited to Customer’s internal evaluation of the features and functionality of the Service.
- 2.3 Data Privacy Cerebra will not sell images, reviews, and videos uploaded by Customer to the Service to any third party.
- 2.4 End User Images Customer acknowledges and agrees that Cerebra may remove, or may request Customer to remove, any end user images and videos from the Service: (i) in connection with a request made by a purported copyright holder, including a request made pursuant to the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”). (ii) that Cerebra reasonably believes to violate any third party intellectual property right, right of privacy or publicity, other third party right or any law, rule or regulation; or (iii) that Cerebra reasonably believes may expose Cerebra to any civil or criminal liability. Customer shall promptly comply with any such request by Cerebra. Customer acknowledges and agrees that Cerebra has no obligation to monitor the images and videos provided by Site end users or stored within the Service by Customer, and shall have no responsibility or liability with respect thereto. CEREBRA IS A THIRD-PARTY INTERMEDIARY WHO SOLELY TRANSFERS IMAGES AND VIDEOS FROM THE END USER TO THE CUSTOMER. CEREBRA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, PRIVACY OR MISAPPROPRIATION CLAIMS, OR ANY OTHER CIVIL LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THE CUSTOMERS USE OF THE IMAGES AND VIDEOS.
- 2.5 Suspension Cerebra may suspend or terminate the Service (in whole or in part) at any time if Cerebra reasonably determines that such action is warranted to: (i) prevent errors or any other harm with respect to the Service; the Sites or other websites or online services; (ii) respond to Customer's breach of this Agreement, or (iii) limit Cerebra’s liability.
- 2.6 License to Cerebra Customer hereby grants Cerebra a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license: (i) during the Term to use, reproduce, transmit, have transmitted, perform, display, store, archive, and index images, reviews, and videos uploaded by Customer to the Service ; (ii) to collect, use and disclose data relating to Customer’s usage of the Service (“Usage Data”) in order to provide the Service; (iii) use Usage Data for Cerebra’s internal business purposes; and (iv) disclose Usage Data generally where it is aggregated with similar data relating to other Cerebra customers or partners and is not identified as relating to Customer.
- 2.7 Reservation of Rights Subject to the limited rights expressly granted hereunder, as between the parties Cerebra reserves all right, title and interest in and to the Service, all software used by Cerebra to make the Service available and any and all software, technology or materials created, developed, conceived, reduced to practice or provided by Cerebra (all of the foregoing, “Cerebra Technology”), including without limitation all intellectual property rights related to any of the foregoing. No rights are granted to Customer hereunder other than as expressly set forth herein.
- 2.8 Intellectual Property You represent that you own or otherwise have all necessary rights, licenses and consents with respect to all images and videos that are received, posted, transmitted or stored by You or on your behalf in connection with the Service. You shall not upload, post or make available in connection with the Service any copyrighted, trademarked or other proprietary material without the express written permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. Additionally, in the event there is a dispute about copyright or proprietary right, the burden of determining that the material is not protected by copyright or other proprietary right rests with you. In the event damages result from an infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from your submission, you shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from such infringement.
- 2.9 Trademarks The Cerebra name and other Cerebra graphics, logos, and service names, are trademarks of Cerebra Technologies, Inc. Cerebra’s trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Cerebra’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Cerebra. There may be other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Our Service and Website and these may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of Our Service or Website does not grant you a right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Cerebra or third party trademarks. Except as set out in these Terms, reproduction and storing of any third party content or User Content from Our Service or Website is prohibited without written permission from the copyright holder of the content.
- 2.10 Advertisements Cerebra reserves the right to display our “Powered By Cerebra” logo, or attribution, in your Widget display unless you have purchased our ad-free Enterprise Services.
- 3.1 Resources Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Cerebra shall provide commercially reasonable technical support to Customer regarding use of the Service and any errors within the Service during Cerebra’s normal business hours at no additional charge.
- 3.2 Support Procedures Customer’s support contacts may submit requests for technical support through e-mail or by phone. Customer’s contacts will be asked to provide their company name and contact information. Cerebra will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to each case within forty eight (48) hours and will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly resolve each case. Actual resolution time will depend on the nature of the case and the resolution. A resolution may consist of a fix, workaround or other solution in Cerebra’s reasonable determination.
4. FEES AND PAYMENTS
- 4.1 Fees Customer shall pay Cerebra the fees set forth on the Order Form. Except as otherwise specified herein or in an Order Form (i) fees are based on services purchased and payable in advance, and (ii) payment obligations are non-cancelable and fees paid are non-refundable.
- 4.2 Invoicing and Payment Terms The Order Form sets forth whether Customer is paying via check or by credit card. If Customer is paying by credit card, Cerebra will charge the credit card number provided by Customer for each fee specified on the Order Form as it becomes due and payable. If Customer is paying by check, Cerebra will issue Customer invoices for each fee on the Order Form as it becomes due and payable. All such invoices are payable immediately upon receipt of the invoice. If customer payment is delayed, Cerebra has the right to suspend or terminate the Service.
Customer may elect to provide a purchase order or similar document to Cerebra in connection with payments due hereunder. While Customer may use pre-printed purchase orders for the sake of convenience, no terms or conditions set forth on any purchase order or other document provided by Customer in connection with payments hereunder shall be of any force or effect.
- 4.3 Overdue Charges If any charges are not received from Customer by the due date, then at Cerebra’s discretion, (a) such charges may accrue late interest at the rate of 1.5% of the outstanding balance per month, or the maximum rate permitted by law, whichever is lower, from the day such payment was due until the date paid, and/or (b) Cerebra may condition future subscription renewals and Order Forms on payment terms shorter than those specified in Section 4.2.
- 4.4 Taxes All fees are net of taxes. Customer will pay or reimburse all taxes, duties and assessments, if any due, based on or measured by amounts payable to Cerebra in any transaction between Customer and Cerebra under the Agreement (excluding taxes based on Cerebra’s income) together with any interest or penalties assessed thereon, or furnish Cerebra with evidence acceptable to the taxing authority to sustain an exemption therefrom
5. TERM AND TERMINATION
- 5.1 Term This Agreement shall continue until the end of the Term unless earlier terminated as set forth herein, thereafter, unless otherwise specified in the Service Order Form, this Agreement shall automatically renew for successive periods of one year each unless either party gives the other party written notice of non-renewal at least thirty (30) days prior to the renewal date. The Fees may automatically adjust for each renewal period in accordance with Company’s then-standard pricing.
- 5.2 Termination by Customer The Agreement may be terminated by Customer upon Cerebra’s bankruptcy, reorganization or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
- 5.3 Termination by Cerebra Cerebra may terminate this Agreement (i) if Customer defaults in the timely payment of any amounts due Cerebra and fails to cure within ten (10) days of receipt of written notice; (ii) immediately if Customer fail upon written notice to remove any images and videos pursuant to Section 2.4; (iii) in the event of a material breach by Customer of any other provision of the Agreement and Customer fails to cure such breach within thirty (30) days of written notice; or (iv) upon Customer’s bankruptcy, reorganization or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
- 5.4 Effect of Termination Unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties, Cerebra will have no obligation to provide the Service to Customer after the effective date of the termination; Customer will pay Cerebra any amounts payable for Customer’s use of the Service through the effective date of the termination. No refunds of prepaid fees shall be made to Customer in connection with any termination, except that if Customer terminates this Agreement under Section 5.1, Cerebra will refund any pre-paid fees by Customer on a pro-rated basis based on the services provided as of the date of termination. Sections 2.2, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 4 (with respect to accrued payment obligations), 5.4, 6.2, 9, 10 and 11 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- 6.1 Our Warranties We represent and warrant that: (i) We have validly entered into this Agreement and have the legal power to do so; and (ii) to the best of Our knowledge, the software We use that underlies the Service does not infringe on any intellectual property rights of any third party.
- 6.2 Disclaimer EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND EACH PARTY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. Cerebra DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICE SHALL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. Cerebra MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE RESULTS OF USE OF THE SERVICE.
7. PUBLICITY / PRESS
- Each Party shall be allowed to refer to the other as a customer of or service provider to (as the case may be) on its website and in marketing materials, including but not limited to case studies, blog posts and webinars, provided that such reference shall not imply an affiliation, sponsorship, or endorsement of the other. Other than as provided in the foregoing sentence, neither Party shall issue any public announcement regarding the subject matter herein without the prior written approval of the other.
- From time to time, Cerebra may include beta or test versions of its Platform or various features contained therein, you acknowledge that these beta or test components contain software that is prerelease code and is not at the level of performance or capability of a final product and is subject to our Beta Test Agreement which can be found here. By using our Platform, you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
- 9.1 Indemnity by Cerebra Cerebra shall at its option either defend and/or settle any claim made by a third party against Customer or any of its directors, officers, employees or contractors alleging that the Service, as provided by Cerebra, infringes a copyright or misappropriates a trade secret of a third party (a “Claim”); provided that Customer (a) promptly gives Cerebra written notice of the Claim; (b) gives Cerebra sole control of the defense and settlement of the Claim (provided that Cerebra may not settle any Claim without Customer’s prior written consent that would impose any restrictions on Customer’s business activities, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned); and (c) provides to Cerebra all reasonable assistance, at Cerebra’s expense. If a Claim is sustained in a final judgment from which no further appeal is taken or possible, then Cerebra will pay or otherwise satisfy any monetary award entered against Customer as part of such final judgment to the extent that such award is adjudged in such final judgment to arise from such infringement. If Cerebra, in its sole discretion, believes a Claim or an adverse judgment in connection with a Claim is likely, then Cerebra may, at its option, (x) obtain a license from the applicable third party claimant that allows Customer to continue the use of the Service, (y) modify the Service to be non-infringing, or (z) if neither (x) nor (y) is available to Cerebra at a commercially reasonable terms, terminate this Agreement upon written notice to Customer.
THE FOREGOING STATES Cerebra’S ENTIRE LIABILITY AND CUSTOMER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENT.
Cerebra will have no liability for any infringement claim that (i) is based on modification of the Service by or at the direction of Customer; (ii) results from Customer’s failure to use an updated version of the Service made available to Customer; (iii) is based on the combination or use of the Service with any third party software, program, device or materials; or (iv) results from Customer’s use of the Service in a manner that is inconsistent with its intended use or is in breach of this Agreement.
- 9.2 Indemnity by Customer Customer shall defend, indemnify and hold Cerebra and its directors, officers, employees and contractors harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, suits, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) Customer’s use of and access to the Service, including any images and videos or other data transmitted or received by Customer; (ii) Customer’s violation of any term of the Agreement; (iii) Customer’s violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy, publicity rights or intellectual property rights; (iv) Customer’s violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation; and (v) the receipt, posting, transmission or storage of any images and videos by or on behalf of Customer; provided, that Cerebra: (a) promptly gives Customer written notice of the claim; (b) gives Customer sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim (provided that Customer may not settle any claim without Cerebra’s prior written consent that would impose any restrictions Cerebra’s business activities, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned); and (c) provides to Customer all reasonable assistance, at Customer’s expense.
- 10.1 “Confidential Information” means any and all information that is disclosed by either party to the other party, either directly or indirectly, in writing, orally or by inspection of tangible objects, which if disclosed in writing or tangible form is marked as “Confidential,” or with some similar designation, or if disclosed orally or by inspection or observation, is identified as being proprietary and/or confidential at the time of disclosure and is confirmed as such in writing within fifteen (15) days of the disclosure. In the case of Cerebra, Confidential Information includes the features and functionality of the Service, whether current or planned, as well as all Cerebra’s plans for future products and services. Confidential Information does not include information that: (i) is or becomes generally known to the public through no fault of or breach of this Agreement by the receiving party; (ii) is rightfully known by the receiving party at the time of disclosure without an obligation of confidentiality; (iii) is independently developed by the receiving party without use of the disclosing party’s Confidential Information; or (iv) the receiving party rightfully obtains from a third party without restriction on use or disclosure.
- 10.2 Each party shall not use the other party’s Confidential Information except as necessary to exercise its rights or perform its obligations under this Agreement. Each party shall not disclose the other party’s Confidential Information to any third party except to those of its employees, subcontractors, and advisers that need to know such Confidential Information for the purposes of this Agreement, provided that each such employee and subcontractor is subject to a written agreement that includes binding use and disclosure restrictions that are at least as protective of Confidential Information as those set forth herein. Each party will use all reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of all Confidential Information of the other party in its possession or control, but in no event less than the efforts that party ordinarily uses with respect to its own proprietary information of similar nature and importance. The foregoing obligations will not restrict either party from disclosing Confidential Information of the other party: (i) pursuant to the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency, or other governmental body, provided that the party required to make such a disclosure gives reasonable notice to the other party to contest such order or requirement; or (ii) on an as-needed, confidential basis to its legal or financial advisors. In addition, each party may disclose the terms and conditions of this Agreement: (a) as required under applicable securities regulations and (b) on a confidential basis to current or prospective investors or acquirers of such party.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL EITHER PARTY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Cerebra ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR (I) ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY USE BY END USERS OF THE WIDGET; (II) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF, ANY MATERIALS POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE; (III) DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE POSTING, TRANSMISSION OR STORAGE OF YOUR DATA, OR (IV) THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY END USER OR THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL Cerebra, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT PAID OR PAYABLE TO Cerebra HEREUNDER DURING THE 12 MONTHS PRECEDING THE CLAIM.
- THIS LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS.
- NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION SHALL NOT APPLY TO ANY BREACH OF SECTIONS 8 OR 9.
- 12.1 Relationship of the Parties The parties are independent contractors with respect to each other. This Agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as constituting a partnership or joint venture among the parties hereto, or an employee-employer relationship.
- 12.2 Assignment Customer may not assign its rights or delegate its obligations under this Agreement, whether by operation of law, merger or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Cerebra, which such consent shall not be unreasonably withheld. Cerebra may assign this Agreement in connection with any merger or acquisition of all or substantially all of Cerebra’s capital stock or assets.
- 12.3 Waiver The failure or delay of either party to insist in any one or more instances upon performance of any of the terms, covenants or conditions of this Agreement or to exercise any right, power or privilege under this Agreement, shall not operate or be construed as a relinquishing of future performance under this Agreement or as a waiver of any of the same or similar rights, powers or privileges in the future, and the obligation of the other party with respect to such future rights or performance shall continue in full force and effect as if such failure or delay never occurred.
- 12.4 Notices All notices and correspondence under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be delivered by personal service, express courier, or certified mail, return receipt requested, to the addresses first set forth in the Order Form sent to the attention of “Legal Department”, or at such different address as may be designated by such party by written notice to the other party from time to time. All notices shall be deemed received and effective upon receipt if delivered personally or sent by express courier, and seven (7) days after mailing if sent by certified mail.
- 12.5 Severability If any provision of this Agreement is determined by a court to be, or becomes, invalid, unenforceable or illegal, such provision shall be (a) modified to be made valid, enforceable and legal in such a manner as to best effectuate the manifest intent of the parties on the date hereof, or (b) deemed eliminated where such modification is not practicable; and the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in effect in accordance with its terms as modified by such modification or deletion.
- 12.6 Construction Paragraph headings used in this Agreement are for reference purposes only and shall not be interpreted to limit or affect in any way the meaning of the language contained in such paragraphs. No provision of this Agreement will be construed against either party as the drafter thereof. In the event of any conflict between any provision of this MSA and any provision of the Order Form, this MSA shall control except to the extent that such conflicting provision specifically references the section or subsection of this MSA that is being superseded.
- 12.7 Venue, Governing Law These Terms are governed by and will be construed under the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of these Terms shall be finally settled in San Francisco County, California, in English, in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. ("JAMS") then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes, who shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with such Rules. Judgment upon the award rendered by such arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the foregoing obligation to arbitrate disputes, each party shall have the right to pursue injunctive or other equitable relief at any time, from any court of competent jurisdiction. For all purposes of this Agreement, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state or federal courts located in, respectively, San Francisco County, California, or the Northern District of California.
- 12.8 Force Majeure Neither party will be responsible for any failure or delay in its performance under this Agreement (other than performance of payment obligations) due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, labor disputes, strikes, lockouts, internet or telecommunications failures, shortages of or inability to obtain labor, energy, or supplies, war, terrorism, riot, acts of God or governmental action, acts by hackers or other malicious third parties and problems with the Internet generally, and such performance shall be excused to the extent that it is prevented or delayed by reason of any of the foregoing.
- 12.9 Entire Agreement This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and shall supersede all previous oral and written proposals, negotiations, representations, commitments and other communications between the parties. This Agreement may not be released, discharged, changed or modified except by a written instrument that is signed by duly authorized representatives of each party. This Agreement may be signed in counterparts. Each of them is an original, and all of them constitute one agreement.
Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis: class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND CEREBRA ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
Data Processing Addendum
This Data Processing Addendum (DPA) amends the Cerebra Terms of Service (also Agreement) and sets out the terms that apply when Personal Data is processed by Cerebra under the Agreement. The purpose of the DPA is to ensure such processing is conducted in accordance with applicable laws and with due respect for the rights and freedoms of individuals whose Personal Data are processed. Other capitalized terms used but not defined in this DPA have the same meanings as set out in the Agreement.
1.1 For the purposes of this DPA:
- “EEA" means the European Economic Area, which constitutes the member states of the European Union, the United Kingdom, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
- “EU Data Protection Legislation” means (i) prior to 25 May 2018, Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, including any applicable national implementations of it; and (ii) on and after 25 May 2018, Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (as amended, replaced or superseded) ("GDPR");
- “Controller” shall mean the entity which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data;
- “Processor” shall mean an entity which processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller; and
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
2. APPLICABILITY OF DPA
- 2.1 Applicability. This DPA will apply only to the extent that Cerebra processes Personal Data from the EEA on behalf of “You” the Cerebra Customer.
- 2.2 GDPR. This DPA inclusive of Exhibits A and B will apply only on and after 25 May 2018. Where the GDPR materially or adversely impacts Cerebra's continued provision of the Services (including its costs in providing the Services) and / or Customer's receipt of the Services, the Parties shall discuss in good faith and acting reasonably, what changes may be necessary and operationally, technically and commercially feasible to the Agreement and/or the DPA and/or the Services (including, without limitation, the fees payable by Customer to Cerebra for the Services) in order to enable Cerebra to continue providing the Services. No such changes shall be effective unless agreed between the Parties pursuant to this Clause.
3. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 3.1 Parties' Roles. To the extent that Cerebra processes Personal Data in the course of providing the Services, it will do so only as a Processor acting on behalf of Customer (as Controller) and in accordance with the requirements of the Agreement.
- 3.2 Purpose Limitation. Cerebra will process the Personal Data only for the purpose of providing the Services and in accordance with Controller’s lawful instructions.
- 3.3 Compliance. Customer, as Controller, shall be responsible for ensuring that:
a) it has complied, and will continue to comply, with all applicable laws relating to privacy and data protection, including EU Data Protection Legislation; and
b) it has, and will continue to have, the right to transfer, or provide access to, the Personal Data to Cerebra for processing in accordance with the terms of the Agreement and this DPA
c) providing to Cerebra an accurate and up to date Data Security Contact name, and contact information available during both business and non-business hours.
- 4.1 Security. Cerebra will have in place and maintain throughout the term of this Agreement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing (a “Security Incident”).
- 4.2 Security Incident. In the event of a Security Incident, Cerebra will notify Customer via Customer’s designated Data Security Contact and provide reasonable assistance in order to remedy or mitigate the effects of the Security Incident.
5. TERM AND TERMINATION
- 5.1 Subprocessing. Customer authorizes Cerebra to subcontract processing of Personal Data under the Agreement to a third party provided that Cerebra flows down Section 3.2 and Section 4.1 to any subcontractor it appoints.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
- 6.1 Adequacy. Cerebra will provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data that it processes on behalf of Customer in accordance with the requirements of EU Data Protection Legislation.
7. SERVICE DATA
- Notwithstanding anything in this DPA, Cerebra will have the right to collect, extract, compile, synthesize and analyze non‐personally identifiable data or information resulting from Customer's use or operation of the Services (“Service Data”) including, by way of example and without limitation, information relating to volumes, frequencies, recipients, bounce rates, or any other information regarding the communications Customer, its end users or recipients generate and send using the Services. To the extent any Service Data is collected or generated by Cerebra, such data will be solely owned by Cerebra and may be used by Cerebra for any lawful business purpose without a duty of accounting to Customer or its recipients, provided that such data is used only in an aggregated form, without directly identifying any person. For the avoidance of doubt, this DPA will not apply to Service Data.
- 8.1 Except as amended by this DPA, the Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- 8.2 If there is a conflict between the Agreement and this DPA, the terms of this DPA will control.
- 8.3 Any claims brought under this DPA shall be subject to the terms and conditions, including but not limited to, the exclusions and limitations set forth in the Terms of Service.
Exhibit A - GDPR Addendum
- 1. Scope. The subject‐matter of the data processing is the provision of the Services and the processing will be carried out for the duration of the Subscription Term. Exhibit B sets out the nature and purpose of the processing, the types of Personal Data Cerebra processes and the categories of data subjects whose Personal Data is processed.
- 2. Instructions. The Terms of Service and this DPA set out Customer's complete documented instructions to Cerebra in relation to the processing of the Personal Data and any processing required outside of the scope of these instructions will require prior written agreement between the parties.
- 3. Purpose Limitation. If Cerebra is required to process the Personal Data for any other purpose by European Union or national law to which Cerebra is subject, Cerebra shall inform Customer of this requirement before the processing, except where otherwise required by such law.
- 4. Data Protection Impact Assessments. Cerebra shall, to the extent required by EU Data Protection Legislation, provide Customer with reasonable assistance at Customer's cost and expense with data protection impact assessments or prior consultations with data protection authorities that Customer is required to carry out under EU Data Protection Legislation.
- 5. Sub‐processing.
- 5.1 Customer agrees that Cerebra may engage Cerebra affiliates and third party sub‐processors (collectively, "Sub‐processors") to process the Personal Data on Cerebra's behalf.
- 5.2 Cerebra shall impose on such Sub‐processors data protection obligations that protect the Personal Data to the same or substantially similar standard provided for by this DPA and shall remain liable for any breach of the DPA caused by a Sub‐processor.
- 6.1 Cerebra will ensure that any person that it authorizes to process the Personal Data (including its staff, agents and subcontractors) shall be subject to a duty of confidentiality) whether a contractual or a statutory duty).
- 6.2 Upon becoming aware of a Security Incident, Cerebra shall notify Customer via Customer’s provided Data Security Contact, without undue delay and shall provide such timely information as Customer may reasonably require, including to enable Customer to fulfil any data breach reporting obligations under EU Data Protection Legislation. Cerebra shall promptly take appropriate steps to remedy or mitigate any damage arising from such Security Incident.
- 7. Audit. While it is the parties' intention ordinarily to rely on the provision of the documentation to verify Cerebra's compliance with this DPA, Cerebra shall permit the Customer (or its appointed third party auditors) to carry out an audit of Cerebra processing of Personal Data under the Agreement following a Security Incident suffered by Cerebra, or upon the instruction of a data protection authority. Customer must give Cerebra reasonable prior notice of such intention to audit, conduct its audit during normal business hours, and take all reasonable measures to prevent unnecessary disruption to Cerebra's operations. Any such audit shall be subject to Cerebra's security and confidentiality terms and guidelines.
- 8. Data subjects' rights. Cerebra shall, taking into account the nature of the processing, provide reasonable assistance to Customer insofar as this is possible and at Customer's cost and expense, to enable Customer to respond to requests from a data subject seeking to exercise their rights under EU Data Protection Legislation. In the event that such request is made directly to Cerebra, Cerebra shall promptly inform Customer of the same.
- 9. Deletion / return of Personal Data. Upon termination or expiry of the Subscription Term, Cerebra shall, at Customer's election, delete all relevant Personal Data (including copies) in Cerebra's possession, save to the extent that Cerebra is required by any applicable law to retain some or all of the Personal Data.
- 10. If there is a conflict between the DPA and this Exhibit, the terms of this Exhibit will control.
Exhibit B - Data Processing Appendix
- Data subjects
The personal data transferred concern the following categories of data subjects (please specify):
End users – individuals who interact with the Customer by way of the Pixlee communication platform.
- Categories of data
The personal data transferred concern the following categories of data (please specify): IP Address, Device info (Operating system, Browser), Cookie dropped anonymous ID, Email, Full Name, location data, Facebook Username, Instagram Username, Unique social Id for Instagram/Facebook/ Twitter, and interactions with end users via the communication platform
- Special categories of data (if appropriate)
The personal data transferred concern the following special categories of data (please specify): None
- Processing operations
The personal data transferred will be subject to the following basic processing activities (please specify):
- Personal Data will be transferred from the Customer to Cerebra for Cerebra to provide a communication platform to facilitate interaction and engagement between the Customer and the end user.
- This service will consist of providing a communication platform for the Customer to use in order to on‐board and retain end users as well as analyze their use of the Customer's product and / or services.
- Full details about Cerebra's products and services can be found at https://www.cerebra.tech